January 13th today. Would you look at that? My first day at Microsoft was October 13th, so I've been working here for 3 months already! I'm not sure if time has flown, or if it feels exactly the opposite. In certain respects I feel like we've been here for almost a year already. In others, it feels like just a few weeks.
I thought it was high time that I extracted some of the random snaps I'd taken on my iPhone
. Whenever something happens and we don't have the camera with us, I try and take a picture on my phone. I know that the quality is comparatively poor, I have no zoom and no flash to speak of - but it's better than nothing.
You can take a look at all my miscellaneous photos from the last 3 months here. I'll recap here what you're seeing.
- I've seen some nice license plates here. "WEB 2.0" was one. I also saw "DORK", but couldn't get a decent photo.
- People are far more forthright with their political views here than in South Africa, which is odd, considering just how little the outcome of elections really matter over here. The vandalized car photo was taken a few days after the election, and obviously someone had just had enough of the Obama supporters. Childrens' books about each presidential candidate was certainly something surprising. What exactly did they hope to achieve? Win their votes?
- That penguin "Tux" is the mascot of Linux, Windows' 2nd biggest rival operating system. These posters are up on my floor. I like the fact that Microsoft people are diverse and not all "drinking from the Kool Aid", as the saying goes.
- Some pictorial evidence of our Black Bear breakfast.
- Quite a few snow pics, self explanatory.
- Caryn and I went shopping for a bird feeder this weekend, and I was astonished to see a range of birdhouses catering to people with a slightly twisted sense of humor. Or perhaps just cat-lovers who want to get the neighborhood birds used to cats being warm and safe places to live inside? Who knows?
That's all! Hope you enjoyed them.